AEL Data has been creating audio books for the past seven years in various languages: English, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Spanish and Italian. We are an Accessible Media Producer (AMP) for visually impaired, blind or dyslexic students. We also develop bespoke audio books for our clients in the Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) and National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard (NIMAS) formats. We create narrated eBooks using the Apple “Read Aloud” feature. AEL Data is the preferred partner for creation of audio books for a consortium of Scandinavian Audio Library services.
AEL Data is also developing a workflow to create real-time Talking Newspapers and has been working with Talboks- och punktskriftsbiblioteket – (The Swedish Library of talking books and braille) for over 80 daily newspapers.
Some of our services for audio book production include:
- Narrated eBooks/ePUBs and storybooks
- Math and Science books using inline ASCII Math
- DAISY and NIMAS XML for talking books
- Audio Production Services in MP3, WMP (Windows Media Player), RA (Real Audio) and many other audio formats
- Audio embedding into PDF format files
- ePUB3 formats with DAISY capability